Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society is hiring a Festival Coordinator
Invitation for Applications
Overview: Work with various specific areas from development to completion and report to specific board members who have been assigned to those areas.
Areas for Coordination:
- Opening Ceremony Partner Events Recognition Event
- Silk Routes Project Membership Minutes of Meetings
- Newsletters Website Volunteer Appreciation
- Vancouver Courier Other Duties as Assigned Program Distribution
- Set up Files, Maintain Samples of Programs, Directives, Etc.
- Develop Timelines, Contact Speakers, Performers, Media, Etc.
- Develop Programs, Arrange Printing and Distribution of Program Guide
- Update Website, Arrange Venues for Opening, Recognition Event, Etc.
- Liaise with Various Board Members, Arrange for Silk Routes Displays, Booklets, Etc.
- Regular Reporting to Board, Work with Universities, Libraries and Similar Institutions
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate others
• Passion for Asian-Canadian culture
• Modeled positive behaviours
• Effective leadership and management skills
• Proficient in computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
• Upbeat and positive attitude that will encourage our members and partners
• Ability to involve young people
• Demonstrated commitment to inclusiveness of all cultures
• Experience as a volunteer and with a non-profit organization
• Social media and writing skills
• Grant writing skill is an asset
• Fluent in English and can be legally employed in Canada
Mainly work from home on a part time fee for service or contract basis at a rate of $20 per hour approximately 30 hours per week.
Please email covering letter and curriculum vitae to Allan Cho, Personnel Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 9, 2016.