In Bento Box#30: Japanese Cooking and Beyond, professional chefs, festival volunteers and community members take you into their kitchens to share their best recipes for traditional and contemporary Japanese food. The book was launched at our 30th Anniversary Gala event on July 20, 2006. This edition sold out in 2006.
On June 15, 2011, we launched Bento Box #35, a 102-page re-print of Bento Box#30 and brand new prints by Kathy.
Filled with over 58 community recipes, as well as recipes from some of Vancouver’s finest restaurants (including Hapa Izakaya, Tojo’s, The Fish House, Natural Garden, Hi Genki, Modern Club) and cookbook author Ari Tomita. All proceeds benefit the Powell Street Festival Society. Best of all, the cookbook retails for only CDN $18!
2011 Edition Additional Recipes
- Pumpkin brûlée by Makoto Kimoto (Suika)
- Sushi Soba by Yutaka Yamamoto (Hi Genki Restaurant)
- Miso-Mayo Dressing and Gom Ae Sauce by Toshi (Toshi Sushi)
and some recipes from the community!
The Cookbook is available at the following retailers:
- Japanese Canadian National Museum store at Nikkei Place, 6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, 604.777.7000
- Barbara-Jo’s Books to Cooks, 1740 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver, 604-688-6755