CALL FOR PROPOSALS – Freelance Publicist
Powell Street Festival Society (PSFS) seeks a publicist on contract for the 41st Powell Street Festival and its lead-up events in May, June and July. The contract will start May 1st and conclude August 15, 2017. The contract must encompass the following responsibilities, however, PSFS is open to proposals that bring a vision of partnership and might also include involvement in content development and innovative promotions.
SPATIAL POETICS XVI (July date tbc and location tbc):
- Write and distribute press release, obtain media interviews and previews, liaise with artists to set up interviews, etc.
- Develop and execute a social media plan for event promotion.
FESTIVAL (August 5 & 6, 2017):
- Media campaign: Write and distribute press releases and listings, obtain media interviews and previews, liaise with artists to set up interviews, etc.;
- Pursue and manage media sponsorships and advertising;
- Develop and manage a social media campaign, including a strategic plan for the festival weekend highlights;
- Create artist Q&As for festival website and media kits;
- Act as Media Liaison during Festival weekend, August 5 & 6, 2017.
- Submit a final report including tear sheets and comprehensive listing of hits.
- Minimum 5 years experience in communications and media relations;
- Experience negotiating media sponsorships;
- Knowledge and experience of best practices in social media;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience working with non-profit organizations.
Proposals and expressions of interest will be accepted until February 6, 2017.
Contact email@example.com for further information.
Image credit Sebastian Vandrey on flickr